Talks are grouped according to title, and then by date within title:
Phase Retrieval Using Unitary 2-Designs
Turning States into Unitaries: Optimal Sample-Based Hamiltonian Simulation
Robust Characterization of Gates
Robust Single-Qubit Process Calibration via Robust Phase Estimation
Oracles with Costs
Robust Characterization of Quantum Processes
Structure in Quantum Algorithms
Quantum Adversary (Upper) Bound
Super-Polynomial Quantum Speedups
The Quantum Query Complexity of Read-Many Boolean Formulas
- Quantum Algorithms: Promise and Perspective
- National Academy of Engineering Frontiers of Engineering Symposium, MIT Lincoln Labs, Septempber 2018, Lexington, MA. Slides
- Infinity Machines: Will Quantum Computers Live up to the Hype?
- Carol Rifelj Faculty Lecture Series, Middlebury College. April 2018, Middlebury, VT. (Joint talk with Paul Hess.) Slides
- Quantum Algorithms for Connectivity: Applications and Analysis
- American Mathematical Society Northeast Sectional Meeting, Northeastern University. April 2018, Boston, MA. Slides
- Path Detection: A Quantum Computing Primitive
- Dartmouth College, Quantum-Nano Colloquium. April 2018, Hanover, NH. Slides
- Rigetti. January 2018. Berkeley, CA. Slides
- Canadian Institute for Advanced Research Quantum Information Science Meeting, October 2017. Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON. Slides
- Last Frontiers in Quantum Information Science, June 2017. Seward, AK. Slides.
- UT Austin, CS Theory Seminar, May 2017. Slides.
- UT Delft. May 2017. Delft Netherlands. Slides.
- Quantum vs. Classical Proofs
- SQuInT (Southwest Quantum Information and Technology), February 2018. Santa Fe, NW. Slides.
- Characterizing Coherent Errors Efficiently, Robustly, and Simply
- What does the effective resistance of electrical circuits have to do with quantum algorithms?
- SAMPTA (Sampling Theory and Applications Conference) July 2017. Tallinn, Estonia. Slides.
- 2015 Korea-US Joint Workshop on Quantum Information November 2015, Seoul, SK. Slides. Video (To get to the video, click on the magnifying glass, and then enter "2015 Korea-US Joint Workshop on Quantum Information" in the search bar, with Keyword set to Title and Field set to Conferences. The conference should appear. Click on the link and then search for "Kimmel" to find my talk.)
- APS March Meeting, Denver, CO. March 2014. Slides.
- Northrop Grumman. Baltimore, MD. February 2014. Slides.
- Center for Ultracold Atoms lunch talk. Cambridge, MA. February 2014. Slides.
- Isaac Newton Institute. Cambridge, MA. November 2013. Slides. Video.
- MIT graduate student lunch talk. Cambridge, MA. March 2013. Slides.
- MIT Center for Theoretical Physics lunch talk. Cambridge, MA. December 2012. Slides.
- Santa Fe Institute. Santa Fe, NM. January, 2014. Slides.
- Innovations in Theoretical Computer Science. Cambridge, MA. June 2012. Slides.